How do you inject TriMix?
– First, ensure that you have washed your hands and penis to ensure proper hygiene before the injection.
– Once you’ve properly assembled the medication, find the proper location on the shaft of the penis to inject, which is located between the base and the mid-portion of the penis. Avoid any visible veins as well as the midline of the penis. You want to aim slightly to the left or right of the midline in order to prevent potential damage to the urethra or penile arteries.
– Grasp and pull the head of the penis toward the side of your leg with the index finger and thumb (use the left hand, if right-handed). While maintaining light tension, select a site for injection.
– With a steady and continuous motion, penetrate the skin with the needle at a 90-degree angle. The needle should then be advanced to the hub. Slight resistance is encountered as the needle passes into the proper position within the erectile tissue (corporeal body).
– Inject the TriMix medication into the corpus cavernosum for approximately 4 seconds. Once the needle is in, you should pull it back a little until a small amount of blood flows back into the syringe. When injecting, you should feel the same amount of pressure as you would by simply injecting it into the air (minimal resistance). If there’s greater pressure than that, it’s being applied to the wrong spot.
– Withdraw the needle from the penis and apply compression to the injection site for approximately 1 minute. Several minutes of compression may be required to avoid bleeding, especially if you use aspirin.
– Replace the cap on the needle and dispose of it properly.
– For more detailed information about preparing and administering TriMix, please visit our TriMix self-injections instructions page.